With funding by the European Union Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie, WEGO-ITN will host 15 PhD researchers, creating the first European network on Feminist Political Ecology (FPE).
The PhDs will be hosted at:
- The International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS) (Coordinating Institute);
- Freie Universität Berlin (FUB);
- Humboldt University Berlin (HUB);
- Institute of Development Studies at Sussex University (IDS);
- Pangea Foundation (PF);
- University of Oslo (UiO);
- University of Brighton (UofB);
- University of Passau (UPAS);
- IHE Institute for Water Education, Delft (IHE) and
- Wageningen University & Research (WUR).
From 2018-2022 WEGO-ITN will develop a shared research and training agenda in order to educate the next generation of interdisciplinary social-environmental scientists on feminist political ecology in Europe. The network will look in detail at local communities’ coping strategies to build resilient, equitable and sustainable futures and how they link to global sustainable development policies. The research will focus on diverse economic and ecological practices that create new forms of gender relations, livelihoods and care activities, in response to growing lack of resilience of the economy and ecosystem.